After the Local Elections a Labour Council will: –
- Repeal the £25 charge for bulky refuse collection.
- Keep Council Tax levels at or below the London average and introduce a discount for those over 75 who are eligible
- Introduce free parking for the first hour in council car parks to encourage local shopping for local people.
- Rebuild our secondary schools and ensure that school facilities are fully available to the wider community, especially young people
- Crack down on crime and anti social behavior
- Introduce a Green Charter in consultation with local residents and other stakeholders.
Other high priorities for an incoming Labour Council will be: –
- Introducing 20 mph speed restrictions in areas where residents’ want them.
- Introducing fairer care charges for elderly and disabled people.
- Making Brent a Fairtrade borough.
- Provide a multi use games area in every suitable open space.
- Provide a safer environment for our young people.
- Work with other local authorities and central government to change legislation to allow the Council to restrict the growth of betting shops in town centres and fast food outlets near schools.