- Pensioners will be hardest hit by the VAT increase to 20% in the Government’s June Budget
- Pensioners have not been compensated for the extra costs with increases in tax allowances or benefits.
- No one voted for this unfair VAT increase. In the election, David Cameron said: “We have absolutely no plans to raise VAT.”
- The Lib-Dems campaigned against a VAT increase and accused the Conservatives of hiding a secret VAT bombshell.
- The Tory-Lib-Dem unfair VAT increase to 20% is a broken promise that will hit the poorest hardest.
Source: The Labour Party